The Korean finance and securities sectors are developing more dynamically and changes are taking place faster than in any other sectors, and the finance and securities-related laws are also changing at a rapid pace and becoming more complex. Our finance attorneys are keen in keeping abreast of the rapid changes in law taking place in the financial sector and, based on our experience in assisting various banking and finance clients in general banking as well as specialized finance matters, such as ABS and project financing, we will continue to provide the best legal services required by the banking and financial community.
We are actively involved in representing and advising clients on all aspects of banking and finance law. In particular, we offer our assistance with respect to the following:
- The Securities Exchange Act and the Indirect Investment Asset Management Business Act;
- ABS and project financing;
- Establishment of private equity funds and indirect investment vehicles;
- Operational matters of indirect investment vehicles (e.g., operation, corporate governance, internal control, compliance, and responsibilities of executives);
- Strategic decisions in financial planning; and
- Laws applicable to financial institutions
Since its establishment, Sigong Law has successfully provided assistance to Avalon English+ Co., Ltd. in obtaining financing of KRW60 billion in the form of redeemable convertible preferred shares and convertible bonds from overseas funds. We also assisted T Stone Co. in the establishment of a private equity fund of over KRW100 billion. In addition, in June 2007, we successfully represented Dong Yang Engineering & Construction Corp. in its construction of an 18MW solar power plant, which is the largest in the world, in Jeollanam-do Province, with the project financing of over KRW130 billion. In this transaction, we advised Dong Yang on credit facilities agreement and other project finance transaction documents.
Listed below are some examples of advisory services that our lawyers provided before joining the firm.