International dispute, proceeding, arbitration and foreign Investment
Our international team is also specialized in wide range of international practice such as international dispute, proceeding, arbitration and investment. We have satisfied our clients’ need by successfully securing our clients’ interests at the proceedings and arbitrations in overseas through collaborating with the lawyers at the overseas firms in alliance with our firm.
We have assisted foreign investors in establishing operations or making other investments in Korea. In the inbound foreign investment area, Sigong Law provides the following services:
- Advice on the appropriate type of business presence in light of the investor’s intended business activities and tax considerations;
- Obtaining government registrations or other licenses required;
- Advice on employment matters and preparation of relevant documents;
- Advice on tax structuring relating to business set-up;
- Assistance in filing any required securities-law related reports, such as “5% report” and “10% report”; and
- Advice on joint venture, licensing, agency, distributorship, and co-operation arrangement.
In the outbound investment area, our lawyers are experienced in advising clients with respect to investment and other business activities in the U.S. and EU as well as countries in Eastern Europe, CIS, Middle East and Asia. In close cooperation with our overseas correspondent law firms, we provide advice on the following matters: establishment of companies overseas, joint venture, M&A, real estate development, construction, project financing, and tax structuring.