2003 The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, Juris Doctor (J.D.)
1999 Ewha Womans University, Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Sociology
2011-Present SIGONG LAW
FOREIGN COUNSEL – principal areas of practice include mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and international and domestic commercial transactions.
- Performs mergers and acquisitions work by drafting and reviewing agreements and ancillary documents and advising on compliance issues.
- Provides services related to commercial transactions by drafting and reviewing agreements and other documents in connection with domestic and international sales, manufacturing, licensing and distribution, agency, franchise, joint venture, etc.
- Advises on corporate governance, foreign investment and securities.
- Advises and provide arrangements on forming business entities such as corporations and limited liability companies and corporate reporting requirements.
2003-2004 CHOI & KIM
FOREIGN LEGAL CONSULTANT – areas of practice include maritime and shipping matters, corporate governance, and commercial transactions.
2002 (June-August) YOON & PARTNERS (currently YOON & YANG LLC)
Summer Associate – researched and wrote memoranda on contract law issues.
2001 (June-August) GENERAL DYNAMICS CORPORATION
Summer Associate – participated in the summer associate program, rotating through the following locations:
- General Dynamics Land Systems Inc. (Sterling Heights, MI, U.S.) – reviewed agreements on general corporate matters and intellectual property and drafted legal documents about corporate management;
- Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation. (Savannah, GA, U.S) – reviewed agreements on commercial transactions including aircraft purchase;
- General Dynamics Corporation. (Falls Church, VA, U.S) – assisted in the preparation of 10-K and 10-Q forms (mandatory security filings for defense companies); and
- Jenner & Block LLP. (Washington D.C, U.S.) – researched government regulations and drafted interoffice memoranda in government contract matters, including Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- New York, U.S.
Korean and English
– General Corporate
– International Transactions
– Fair Trade
– Real Estate/Construction
– Corporate Restructuring
Finance & Securities